Save by Going Green: Benefits of Green Energy
Natural gas helps protect the environment and saves energy, without compromising comfort or performance.
Ways to save by going green with natural gas:
Using natural gas contributes to cleaner air and a more sustainable environment because natural gas, on an energy equivalent basis, emits 50% less carbon dioxide than coal and 30% less carbon dioxide than oil.
Using green, natural gas in your homes or commercial buildings can also help you save money.
- Customers can reduce their energy use by 49% by replacing older furnaces and boilers with high-efficiency natural gas equipment.
- Over the past four decades, appliance technology improvements have led to natural gas furnaces and boilers that are 97% efficient which helps lower utility payments.
- Households that use natural gas in their homes on average spend 41% less than households with all-electric appliances, and result in 28% lower greenhouse gas emissions.
- Customers save money on natural gas heating costs by upgrading insulation, doors and windows.
- LEED® (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certified commercial buildings consistently have lower maintenance costs and consume less energy and water.
Incentives to building green with natural gas:
There are financial incentives ranging from federal tax credits to state-sponsored programs available for customers who buy and build green.